Today’s Woman Crush Wednesday is my best friend Karri who is also celebrating her 28th Birthday 🎂
I met Karri in college. We took similar classes and had similar friends but never really talked because well she was too busy being someone else’s partner for a project. But I knew Karri and I would ultimately be friends someday because on any given day, no matter how cold, she would still wear flip flops to school. This whole time I thought I was the only one until I met Karri!
After a serious cat fight, so kidding, I manage to get Karri as my partner in all three class projects. This was awesome because we had the best working relationship ever. We got everything done before it was due and her strengths complimented my weakness and vice versa. Even outside of class, we managed to get along so well in all areas. She also had a really cute niece that just stole my heart as soon as I saw her photo.
Over the years, Karri continues to be my ride or die friend. Although we never get to see each other because she’s always so busy or I am, we never fail to be there for each other. This would mean a 7am phone call on the way to work or a 5:30pm call on the way home from work. We always made it work. I also loved that no matter how much time we go without seeing each other, we always pick right up where we left off.
Karri is one of the seriously nicest human beings I know. She is the friend that will drop everything and show up for you when you need her. I’m pretty sure I planned my entire wedding with her LOL sorry Eph. I also cannot imagine sharing my first floor seat concert event with anyone else seeing the one & only, Thomas Rhett.
Here are 1/10 of the reasons why I love Karri oh so much!
- Karri is incredibly patient. Like so freaking patient. Her patience can make her a saint. I have no idea how she is this patient but she really is.
- Her mom Cindy is soooooooo beautiful (yes, totally kissing Cindy’s butt here). But in all seriousness, Karri has an amazing mom & it shows in the person Karri is
- Karri is super artsy fartsy even though she will deny it. She has this can do attitude when you present her with a challenge and she will always figure out how to do something..always…probably because of how patient she is
- Karri is such an amazing aunt to her niece and nephews. I love how much she adores them. You would think they were her kids if you listen to her talk about them. Those kids are so lucky to have their Auntie Karri.
- Karri is really really really really smart. Like intelligent smart. Like so smart, sometimes I ‘m just like hold up, let me look up this word.
- Karri will do anything for a friend. I think I mentioned that above but let me tell you a story. We were in Catalina Island for my bachelorette. It was 2:30am and we were leaving a club. I saw a donut shop & wanted a donut so bad. Karri ran over to the donut shop & banged on the door to get the ladies attention so I could get my donut. Although it was a failed attempt, man that was some serious loyalty.
- Karri is like the mama bear of our group of friends. She’s always the responsible one and it was really nice for me to have a friend like this because I was always the mama bear too. She is always looking out for us and always has our best interest at heart.
These are just some of the many thousand reasons why I love Karri. I would go into it a bit more but I am sick as a dog right now and would make zero sense.
Karri, if you are reading, because you better be, because what best friend wouldn’t support her friend’s uncomfortable blogging expose journey LOL…HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS TO YOU!!! I love you so much and I can’t imagine the rest of my life without you because there is no one else in the world I would get on the phone with at 7am to talk to about anything and everything!!! You are so beautiful inside out. Your heart is so big that sometimes I want you to stop sharing it because I selfishly want you to fill it with more of you than others. You make my life so much better just by being in it. I am so glad you decided to go to Sac State and I am also so glad you didn’t die in that horrible car accident. My life would seriously suck without you. I am also glad you like to eat food as much as I do. I am also so glad you let me embarrass you at Yard House last year for your birthday when I got the waiter to sing to you LOL. I have a video to prove it!
Today I am a grateful for this friendship with Karri. A good friend is hard to find these days and I am just glad I can always count on her for the truth.