So I’ve been a bit MIA lately because of course, after a week on steroids for my rash, I caught a cold. So I took a lot of time off to rest. But thankfully, I am finally on the mend!
I am officially on Day 10 out of 100. Let me tell you, being sick and not being able to eat pho was a bit of torture. However, I did find new ways to make a healthy & hearty soup without the noodles. Thank goodness for pinterest & instagram hashtag search. So how am I doing?
Well, I feel pretty amazing I must say. I am not bloated anymore so now I can actually see what my real body looks like. I am eating more than I normally do but my meals consist of 70% veggies and 30% meat. I am loving all the new recipes I get to try. However, the annoying party is building a pantry of healthy ingredients. My skin is clear and I want to believe there’s a glow to it lol. Overall, I just feel so much better and it’s amazing what the right foods can do for your body.
During the last 10 days, I did have two exception meals. One meal was a date night with my husband. We went to sushi and I had to make some modifications to my food selection. Instead of rolls, I went for handrolls without the rice. I also order just the raw fish and veggies instead. I still got my fix without consuming too much of the process junk I am avoiding. I also had breakfast with my cousin at a brunch place. I won’t lie, it’s a bit harder to order food when I go out. But I just allowed myself smaller portions of what I was eating. I had a 1/4 of a waffle & half a biscuit. Although it’s not 100% clean eating for that meal…the rest of the day, I can eat clean & all my efforts won’t be wasted. I have to remind myself, one meal isn’t going to throw myself off the rail. In fact, one meal here and there is what is going to make this new goal of mine a lifestyle.
As for the scale, I’ve been dying to weigh myself but trying my best not to because I am trying to not make this about weight but about health. Seeing numbers on the scale will immediate make me feel like I’m on a diet & I’m depriving myself of things. So no scale. I want to remind myself that I am eating this way because I want to take better care of my health not look good in a bikini. Plus who wears a bikini in November…weirdooooo…jk.
So here’s a list of things I can’t live without right now…I hope this helps you kickstart your reset as well!
- I substitute soy sauce for coconut aminos. Trader Joe’s has a good option for 2.99.
- I also use the coconut aminos to make my own teriyaki sauce. If you take two cups of coconut aminos, 2 cups of fresh pineapple, 3 cloves of garlic & one 1/2 inch piece of ginger and blend it together, then you reduce it over the stove, you will have yourself a delicious teriyaki sauce. I love this sauce over my chicken thighs/breast that I cook on my George foreman grill & steamed veggies
- Trader Joe’s also has these delicious all fruit bars for 99 cent. I highly recommend them. Super yummy & it will kick those sweet cravings to the curb.
- Speaking of sweets…I also love taking a pear, drizzling it with some clarified butter & cinnamon, then microwaving it for 2 mins to create a yummy fruit dessert.
- I also can’t live without sparkling water. Waterloo is the best brand out there in my opinion…move over La Croix!
- I’ve also made a yummy Monogolian Beef Stir Fry. You can follow the recipe here.
I am feeling really amazing & can’t wait to see what the next 10 days bring! I’ll update you more in the next 10 days.
Today I am grateful for pears. I love love love them as a sweet treat. It’s a guilty free treat.